You will need:
– A parachute (play or other type)
This is an adaptation of a country dance but works well with the canopy. Number off round the canopy A, B, A, B etc. Use a lively ‘jig’ tune which repeats AA BB AA BB etc.
When the music starts:
- A’s hold the parachute with booth hands, circle 8 paces clockwise
- B’s holding the parachute with both hands, circle 8 paces anti-clockwise
- A’s turn to face clockwise; B’s turn to face anti-clockwise.
- A’s let go of parachute and to the music go under the arms of the B facing them. They do this seven times until they arrive facing, the eighth ‘B’.
- B holding the parachute with both hands all go into the middle twice mushrooming it each time.
When you are tired, if you want, on a count of 3 lift the canopy as high as possible, mushroom it and bring it down behind you and sit down. In this way, you can make a rather hot airless tent supported on the heads. Use this opportunity to tell a story, tale or explain what’s happening next.