Apparently becoming more of an art form than a game.
Create a large square shaped playing area and divide this into 4 equal quadrants. It’s suggested that you have quite large squares each about 8′ x 8′ approx (2.5m x 2.5m) ie a total playing area approx 16′ square or 5m square.
The person in charge of the game is called the King or Queen and takes the 4th Square. The ball starts every round with him/her.
The ball is bounced by the King/Queen into any other square. Players have to hit the ball into another square, but are out if:-
- the ball does not bounce in your square before you hit it
- the ball bounces more than once in your square before you hit it
- the ball bounces in your square AFTER you hit it
- the ball bounces on a line after you hit it
- the ball bounces out of the four squares
There is a no spiking rule, which meant you had to hit the ball underhanded.
Lastly, if you’re out, all those in squares behind you move up one, and a new person enters the game.by