As simple as ABC…
Split into teams. The leader selects a letter of the alphabet and sets a time limit. Players then have to collect or list as many things as possible beginning with the letter. Team finding the most wins.
The leader sets out a list of things to find. These can be either specific items or more ambiguous, e.g. “something old, something blue” etc. Team back with all the items and first and or most ingenious items wins.
Break the group into 3 – 4 smaller groups. Leader calls out different items or activities for the groups to produce. The first group (the entire group does not have to go) to come up to the front with the item gets a point. Group with the most points at end wins.
Suggested items and activities:
- Red (or another colour) shoelace – to be removed from the shoe
- Pen with a chewed cap
- Penny or any coin with a certain date
- Paper clip
- Family picture
- Guy wearing red lipstick
- 2 people with their shoelaces tied together
- Gum in the wrapper – MC thanks the person and then eats the gum
- Key chain with at least 8 keys
- Church bulletin
- Book mark
- Store receipt